Monday, March 16, 2009

The snow is almost gone!



Spring is close by, and my tulips and crocuses are beginning to poke through the dirt.

The snow is melting, and some of my heart mosaics have reemerged from under the snow.

The mosaics are the only spots of color in the garden beds, which is one of the reasons I left them out all winter.




I made seven so different heart mosaics in 2007-2008, trying out different techniques and cements. You may be able to guess which ones were earlier experiments. 

I didn't grout and seal any of these. They shouldn't be left out all winter, but the colors peeking through the snow was always so cheery, so I left them out.

My daughter made the circle stepping stone below using leftovers from some stained glass projects and other objects I found. For the next month or so, this will be about all the color we will have around here. 



 

But if you want to see spring flowers right now, go to my on-line shop and click on the flowers and spring section. I have beautiful cards and photographic prints of many favorite spring flowers.





If you enjoyed this post you might also like:

hutch display
Mosaic Collection - All Posts!

 




5 comments:

ilham bagus said...

beuatyfull photo's, I amazed view

Mrs. Frogster said...

I like those mosaics. So bright and colorful!

Unknown said...

Those heart mosaics are so lovely -I can see why you could not take them in!

Unknown said...

I love the mosaics they are awesome. I have been wanting to do that to a tabletop that I have. I just have not gotten around to it yet.

Anonymous said...

I like the Blue Heart!! You see my blog you know why.. hahahha

I love BLUE...